Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

It's Time To Bake Brave - Chocolate Dragon Cake






After months and months of preparations World Baking Day is finally here and I’ve baked a cake I’ve had my eye on for months. Ever since I first saw him I’ve been in love, he’s everything I’m looking for; tall, dark, handsome with a friendly face and he tastes delicious.

I’m talking about Level 93 from the World Baking Day website of course, the Dragon Cake.
This was definitely some brave baking, the method for making the chocolate sponge was unlike any other cake I have made before but I followed the instructions obediently and was rewarded with a dense chocolate cake which will not crumble when shaped into a dragon.

I brushed off any crumbs before covering him in chocolate spread which had been warmed in the oven to make it a good smothering consistency. I made his eyes from fondant rather than marzipan as personally I prefer it, you could also use chocolate buttons.

I’m a bit disappointed with the sweets I used for fire, I think I could have found something better.

I’ve named him Duncan and I think I am in love.



No comments:

Post a Comment