If you like peanut butter then you're going to love these scrummy peanut butter cupcakes. This recipe makes approx 24 cupcakes. If you want to be more generous with the icing then you can double the icing recipe.
For the cupcakes:
270g butter (I use Stork)
100g peanut butter
250g caster sugar
250g self-raising flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1-2 tablespoons of milk
For the icing:
60g peanut butter
250g icing sugar
For the topping:
100g unsalted peanuts, roasted and chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC, 160ºC fan, Gas mark 4 and line two 12 hole muffin tins with paper cases.
2. Cream the Stork, peanut butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition.
4. Add the flour and the bicarb and mix until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. To make the icing mix the butter, peanut butter and icing sugar together and pipe onto the cupcakes. Finally, put the chopped peanuts onto a plate and dip each cupcake into the mix so you have a generous amount of peanut crumbs on the top.